From the list below, select the data gathering method(s) you wish to use and learn the best practices way to implement it.
- Focus group
- A group of similar individuals who provide information during a directed and moderated interactive group discussion.
- A directed conversation with an individual using a list of questions designed to gather extended responses.
- The systematic observation of program processes or operations using checklists, scaled ratings, or narrative comments.
- An ordered series of questions administered to individuals in a systematic manner.
- Blackboard survey
- Using the Blackboard course management system quizzing tool to conduct surveys.
- Ongoing Course Assessment survey
- The UT Austin, Web-based survey system that solicits anonymous student feedback at any time during the semester.
- Usability testing
- A process of assessing the usability of a product (e.g., a Web site, software, hardware, etc.) by directly observing and talking to actual or potential users of the product.