The Faculty and Student Electronic Tracking (FaSET) system  is designed to collect necessary information from campus departments and provide accurate and consistent reports of enrollment and semester credit hour production.
The information collected from users includes information about courses offered by the University of Texas at Austin, the students enrolled in them as of the semester census date, and the official instructor(s) of record.
The data collected and presented in this system are used for several purposes:
- Reports to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, which determine state funding for the University
- Provision of student, class, and instructor data to Information Quest, the campus data warehouse
- IPEDS reporting to the federal government
- 12th class day enrollment reports
- LBB and state legislature reporting requests
- Various special analyses and headcount reports for University administration