Purchasing Center Information
Purpose: The PPM screen contains commands that allow you to list all purchasing
centers, enter required information for a purchasing center, and update default addresses for a
How to Use: The following commands are available on the PPM
[ Contents ]
- PP1 - List Purchasing Centers
- This command lists all purchasing centers in purchasing center order. You may select individual
purchasing centers from the list to view more detailed information.
- PP2 - Purchasing Center Required Information
- This command allows the Purchasing Office to update address information for a purchasing center.
A letter indicating any changes is forwarded from the Purchasing Office to the Texas Building and Procurement Commission. This screen is only updatable by the Purchasing Office.
- PP3 - Purchasing Center Default Addresses
- This command allows a using department to update default addresses for a purchasing center. This
information is automatically applied to all electronic purchasing documents generated by the specific
- PP4 - Purchasing Centers by Name
- This command allows easy identification of a purchasing center by the name of the department.
Commodity Code Information
Purpose: The PCM screen allows you to search commodities by codes and keywords as
well as display commodity information. A commodity class code is a three-digit number used to
identify a category (or class) of items.
Example: The commodity class code for office supplies is '615'
How to Use: The following commands are available on the PCM screen:
- PC1 - Search Contract Commodities by Codes
- This command provides detailed entries of items available on state term contracts. There are three
levels of classification for identifying commodities:
- Commodity class codes - The broadest level of classification, denoted by a
three digit number. [ Example: Code #615 for office supplies ]
- Commodity category code - The next level below class codes. This level
contains more detail about the goods. [ Example: Code #6153708 for file storage boxes ]
- Commodity Detail Code - This is the highest level of detail for requisition
items. [ Example: Code #61537080345 for letter size file storage boxes ]
- PC2 - Search Contract Commodities by Keyword
- The PC2 command allows you to search for state term contract commodity codes using keywords. You may enter a
keyword in the Misc field and press ENTER.
- PC3 - Display Contract Commodity Information
- The PC3 command allows you to display the state term contract commodity information.
- PC5 - Display All Class & Item Codes of Description
- The PC5 command displays the State of Texas Commodity Book Index, which includes item
descriptions and assigned class and item codes. A class and item code is required for each item
listed on a purchase order. You may either enter a starting word, a class, or a class and item
code in the Misc field of the command line and press ENTER.
NOTE: The Commodity Book is available online at
[ Contents ]
Purchasing Suppliers Information
Purpose: The PSM screen contains commands that allow you to
identify and view bidder information. You can select a particular bidder and display detailed
information about that bidder, including HUB status.
How to Use: The following commands are currently available on the PSM screen:
- PS1 - (Not used for purchasing documents.)
- PS2 - List Suppliers by UT Vendor Number
- This command allows display of vendor information by the five-digit number assigned a state
contract vendor. Provide the five-digit UT Vendor Number (found on the commodity record) in the
Misc field and press ENTER. This information will allow identification of the vendor
(including address, phone, mail code, etc.) for specific state contract commodities.
- PS3 - List Bidders by Name
- This command displays information about companies in alphabetical order. You may provide the name of the vendor in the Misc field the
name of the vendor. (This command is extremely helpful in identifying HUB vendors.)
- PS4 - List Bidders by Vendor ID
- This command
displays information about companies in Vendor ID (VID) order. You
may provide the 11 or 14-digit vendor ID number in the Misc field.
- PS5 - List Bidders by Class
- This command
displays all vendors who have indicated on a completed bid application/certification form that
they wish to bid on this specific type of item. Enter the five digit class and item number for the
commodity for which bidders are requested and then press ENTER.
PS5 displays detailed information about a bidder, including the address, vendor identification
number, HUB information, State Highway Districts served, and Commodity Class Codes carried by
PS5 also allows the user to update and display vendor performance evaluations.
- PS7 - (Not used for purchasing documents.)
Faculty & Staff Help ||
UT-Austin Web Central
The University of Texas at Austin
Last Modified: 07/23/13 04:41:14 PM