A co-sponsorship is funding for a specific event where the University of Texas at Austin receives a benefit as well as recognition for the co-sponsorship. Processing a payment for a co-sponsorship of an event or program requires the following:
- Supporting documentation stating how the funds will be used.
- A statement of the benefit of the co-sponsorship to the university and a statement of how the university will receive recognition.
- A signature from the president, vice president, or dean for approval.
- Payment is normally processed on a VP2 document using a 1535 object code.
- A Co-Sponsorship form will need to be completed and attached to the payment document that is sent to Accounts Payable.
- Use of designated funds (19-account), gift funds (30-account), or all other appropriate accounts other than sponsored project funds (26-accounts) should use the Co-Sponsorship Approval Form.
- Use of a sponsored project funds (26-account) should use the Co-Sponsorship Approval Form for Sponsored Projects and obtain approval from Sponsored Project Award Administration (SPAA).
- Verification with the accountant assigned to the account that co-sponsorships are allowable.