Office of Accounting
Bursar (Cashier) Services
- Collect monies owed The University by students, faculty/staff, etc.,
and do it accurately, with proper documentation for tuition registration
fees, tuition add bills, tuition installment bills, fines & charges,
retiree insurance, institutional & federal loans, overpayments,
health center, returned checks, dissertation and binding fee, tuition
deposits, class audit fees, and all other fees on the Centralized
- Disburse refunds, financial aid, and scholarship/fellowship checks.
- Receive and verify manual and electronic departmental deposits accurately,
with proper documentation, while the customer (departmental representative)
- Microfilm all checks accepted by the cashiers before they are sent
to the bank each day.
- Encode checks before they are sent to the bank each day.
- Order and furnish standing petty cash change orders for certain departments.
Cash certain petty cash reimbursement checks. Furnish emergency change
funds to certain departments.
- Post all cash receipts to the accounting records daily via the Cash
- Test and verify that all security systems in the office are working
properly and that the office, safe and vault are secure during non-office
- Maintain procedures which minimize loss of monies to The University.
- Information for UT departments preparing to accept credit card payments via the Internet
For help, visit askUS.