Office of Accounting
The User Services (US) team provides direct and online support to facilitate the effective use and development of the financial and administrative information systems, tools, and processes for the benefit of the University business community.
- User Services Help Line 512-471-8802—US staffs the User Services Help Line to support *DEFINE, FRMS, HRMS and other university accounting information on the Web. The help line is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., and also responds to email questions sent to askUS@austin.utexas.edu.
- Accounting Classes —US develops, schedules, and teaches a number of classes on *DEFINE and university accounting procedures.
- UT System Institution Support —US provides accounting support for the other UT System institutions throughout the State of Texas.
- Documentation—US develops and maintains the Handbook of Business Procedures, writes online help for *DEFINE, and publishes training materials.
- Web pages—US develops and maintains Web pages for the Office of Accounting, Payroll Services, and Purchasing, HUB, and the Office of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Web update requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Signature Desk —The Signature Desk team is made up of members from US that can assist with manual signature authorizations and unit code maintenance such as creating, updating, moving, and deleting units. To submit a request, use the Signature Desk Requests Form.
- TXShop—The TXShop stewards are members of the US team. For more information about TXShop, visit the About TXShop page.
The icon that appears in the left navigation menu links to a repository of answers to frequently asked questions about university-wide systems and processes. Use the Ask a Question tab to get one-on-one support from a US team member.
Fax: 512- 232-3360
Help Line Hours
9 a.m. – noon