Handbook of Business Procedures
March 28, 2014
January 30, 2015
A co-sponsorship is funding for a specific event or function, that is planned, hosted, and sponsored by an outside entity, where the University of Texas at Austin receives a benefit as well as recognition for the co-sponsorship. (Note: Any agreements or contracts relating to sponsorship needs to be signed by a person who has delegated signature authority, such as the Business Contracts Office.)
Processing a payment for a co-sponsorship requires the following:
- Description of the planned event or function and supporting documentation stating how the funds will be used
- Statement of the benefit of the co-sponsorship to the university
- Statement of how the university will receive recognition
- Signature from the president, the provost, a vice president, or a dean for approval on co-sponsorship form
- Verification with the accountant assigned to the account that co-sponsorships are allowable
- Appropriate Co-Sponsorship form(s) attached to payment document
- Complete and attach the appropriate Co-Sponsorship form(s) to the payment document that is sent to Accounts Payable. (Note: Any agreements or contracts relating to sponsorship needs to be signed by a person who has delegated signature authority, such as the Business Contracts Office.)
- Use of noncentrally-funded designated funds (19-account), non-centrally funded auxiliary funds (29-account), gift funds (30-account), or all other appropriate accounts should complete the Co-Sponsorship Approval Form.
- Use of a sponsored project funds (26-account) should also complete the Co-Sponsorship Approval Form for Sponsored Projects and obtain approval from Sponsored Project Award Administration (SPAA).
- Create a *DEFINE VP2 document using object code 1535.
- The Office of Accounting obtains verification with the accountant assigned to non-26 accounts that co-sponsorships are allowable.