Handbook of Business Procedures`
June 3, 2011
June 3, 2011
13.2.4. EMPLOYEE'S PAYROLL PROFILE
A. My Paycheck Profile
My Paycheck Profile is a secure self-service Web application that provides a way for university employees with upgraded UT EIDs to create, view, or update their personal payroll information. All employees of The University of Texas at Austin are required to provide payroll information that is used in the payroll process and for employment-related reporting.
My Paycheck Profile consists of six primary pages.
- My Paycheck Profile is a summary of an employee’s current payroll information.
- My Personal Data allows initial entry of name, date of birth, citizenship, gender, ethnicity, and race. Changes to name or date of birth can only be made by Payroll Services.
- My Withholding allows an employee to enter and update IRS Form W-4. For more information, see Section C. IRS Form W-4.
- My Paycheck Distribution allows an employee to choose how to receive paychecks. For more information, see Section D. Paycheck Distribution. Note: If the employee selects Direct Deposit in Bank, the Payroll Direct Deposit Information section of My Bank Info must also be completed.
- My Bank Info is used to enter and update required bank information if an employee elects direct deposit as the preferred paycheck distribution.
- My Employee Addresses allows an employee to enter and update e-mail, campus mail, and permanent (W-2) addresses that are used for university correspondence.
B. Payroll Services Employee Information Form (PSEI)
If an employee does not have an upgraded UT EID and cannot access My Paycheck Profile, the employee must use the Payroll Services Employee Information (PSEI) paper form to provide required employee and paycheck distribution information to Payroll Services. For more information about paycheck distribution, see Section D. Paycheck Distribution. This form must be completed, printed, signed, and forwarded to Payroll Services in order to create or update the payroll record.
Note: New employees who complete this form must also complete and submit IRS Form W-4 in order to receive a payroll payment.
If an employee does not have an upgraded UT EID to access the My Withholding section in My Paycheck Profile, IRS Form W-4 must be printed, signed, and submitted to Payroll Services in order to receive a payroll payment. IRS Form W-4 is used to determine the amount of federal income tax to be withheld from an employee’s pay.
- Direct Deposit
Employees choosing direct deposit may use the My Paycheck Distribution and My Bank Info sections of My Paycheck Profile to enter and update their bank information. Employees using the PSEI form must complete Part III of the form, Direct Deposit of Checks (Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit), to enter and update their bank information. Paychecks deposited to a bank account are sent electronically. Bank deposit times may vary. Employees may direct questions regarding deposits to their individual banks.
- Paper Paycheck – Campus Mail
Employees choosing to receive paychecks through campus mail may enter and update their campus mail information in the My Employee Addresses section of My Paycheck Profile. Employees using the PSEI form must enter their campus mail information in Part I.
- Paper Paycheck – Pick up at Payroll Services
Employees choosing to pick up their paychecks at Payroll Services may do so between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding official university closures. A picture ID is required.