March 25, 2011
March 25, 2011
19.1. RISK MANAGEMENT INTRODUCTION AND RESOURCES
The University of Texas at Austin’s Office of Accounting Risk Management implements and administers cost-effective insurance programs to protect people, property, the community, and the environment, and to enhance the well-being of students, faculty, and staff. Insurance risk management includes the administration of various insurance programs, including coverage of vehicles, charter buses, equipment and ocean cargo, fine arts, property, general liability, special events, camps, and reviews insurance requirement for general contracts.
The Office of Accounting Risk Management performs a variety of functions, including the following:
- Coordinates the purchase of insurance policies through The University of Texas System’s Office of Risk Management
- Administers the Comprehensive Property Protection Plan (CPPP) programs
- Coordinates claims management services
- Administers The University of Texas Driver Record Information VERification System (UTDRIVERS) program
- Facilitates required insurance reporting
- Conducts contract reviews to assure inclusion of appropriate insurance and indemnification terms and conditions
- The University of Texas System’s Office of Risk Management
- The University of Texas System Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents, Rule 80601, Sec. 1
- Comprehensive Property Protection Plan (CPPP)
- The University of Texas System Policy UTS157, Automobile Insurance Coverage for Officers and Employees and General Requirements for the Use of Vehicles
For more information, send an email to Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.