Handbook of Business Procedures
October 23, 2012
August 20, 2014
Records Management Services
20.7.3. CONTACT AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES FOR DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION VENDORS
Document destruction services for state agencies are competitively bid and contracted by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and managed by the Council on Competitive Government (CCG). CCG vendors are recommended for destroying records at The University of Texas at Austin that contain confidential or sensitive information. For more information about the CCG contract, refer to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Contract Details: 962-27 – Document Destruction Services website.
Departments must contact Records Management Services (RMS) for assistance with the following:
- to use a vendor that is not contracted through CCG
- to resolve issues with any vendor contracted to destroy confidential or sensitive documents
Destruction of master records that contain confidential or sensitive information must follow all requirements listed in the following sections:
- 20.5.4. Destruction Procedures and Form
- 20.7.2. Destruction Options for Confidential or Sensitive Records
To initiate document destruction services with the CCG vendor for the Austin metropolitan area, ATI (formerly Austin Task):
- Create a requisition in POINT Plus referencing
- CCG contract: #050815-CCG-DD
- Vendor: Texas Industries for the Blind and Handicapped (TIBH)
- Vendor Number: 1741976051
- Address: 1011 E., 53 ½ Street, Austin, TX 78751
- Term/Length of PO: Either for one-time service or a blanket one year period
- Estimated cost for the service for one year based on contract 050815-CCG-DD
- Fee Schedule for Document Destruction
- Reference steps 4 and 5 below to determine whether a blanket purchase order (PO) or a one-time event PO is required
- If total expenditures are estimated to be less than $5,000 for the term of the blanket order, create a PBO in POINT Plus. Payments are processed on a *DEFINE VP1 document. For more information, refer to 7.7.5. Blanket Purchase Orders.
- After the purchase order is final approved, contact ATI using step 7 below to arrange for document destruction services. Reference to CCG contract #050815-CCG-DD and the UT PO number on all service requests. Note: If there is a special circumstance where a purchase order cannot be created before the service, process the payment using a *DEFINE VP2 voucher and reference the contract number.
- A departmental blanket purchase order is required for recurring services. Recurring service is defined as keeping a bin or bins for ongoing accumulation of materials to be picked up no less than once every four weeks. Less frequent service must be scheduled as one-time event service.
- A (non-blanket) purchase order is required to request single event service. The department contacts ATI to request service per instructions in step 8 below . ATI will drop off one or more empty bins depending on the estimated volume of materials to be destroyed. When the bins are filled the department calls ATI to pick up the bins and destroy the materials. Departments should only request single event service when there is sufficient accumulation of material to fill the bin within two weeks.
- Departments that wish to use an ATI bin to accumulate materials over a longer than two-week period but do not need ongoing weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis may arrange to purchase a bin from ATI which ATI will then service on a one-time service basis.
- To contact ATI:
- If the Department is requesting new ATI service
- Create a PO for one-time service or a blanket PO for recurring service
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email subject line must include
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University Department
- PO number
- Body of email must contain
- Contact person name and phone
- Type of service needed (e.g. new ongoing service or one-time service)
- If the Department Has Existing Service With Austin Task
Send an email to email@example.com to schedule a pickup, request bins, or for other assistance.
- Subject line must include:
- Campus location, e.g., UT (for main campus), Pickle, etc.
- Building code and specific room number
- PO #
- Purpose of service, e.g., request new bin; request complete removal of bin; empty hard drive/media/paper bin
- Body of the email must contain:
- The items to be picked up (e.g., two bins full, 35 boxes of CDs)
- Contact person's name and phone number
- Subject line must include: