Office of Accounting
The Inventory Services unit of the Office of Accounting is responsible for the overall accounting management of capital and controlled assets for the University of Texas at Austin. The primary mission of Inventory Services is:
- to insure that correct procedures are followed,
- assist departments in accounting for their inventory by tracking assets from acquisition to disposal; and
- to accurately report required asset data to the State of Texas Comptroller, federal, and non-federal sponsors
Annual Physical Inventory
Institutional policy and Federal law requires a physical accounting of inventoried property.
- Physical inventory certification due dates**
- Physical Inventory Certification Template** - New
- DEFINE NVP report Instructions*
- Phone Scanner Application Instructions**- New
- Start early, track your equipment year round
- Submit removal paperwork before equipment leaves and before you turn in your certification
- If your department will need a scanner please email INVscanners@austin.utexas.edu to make arrangements.
- For more information, please click Annual Physical Inventory FAQ
FRMS Departmental Inventory Portal
The Departmental Inventory Portal, which is a subsystem of the Financial Resource Management System (FRMS), is available for departments to easily update inventory items: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/frms/inventory/.
The Departmental Inventory Portal will provide a Web-based inventory item management system for departments, thus allowing departments to perform the following tasks:
- Mark items as found, missing, or unfound
- Easily update location, comments, responsible person, and other data fields
- View inventory information about units, items, and number of items in a unit
- Perform mass updates of multiple inventory items for various fields, including status, location, and responsible person
- Download report data
Policy Guidelines Related to Property Management
- Handbook of Business Procedures: Part 16—Inventory Control and Property Management
- Inventory Control Procedures and Penalties*
Inventory Transfers Document
CCART (Online NT1 document) is open and operational year-round for processing electronic transfer of equipment (NT1) documents. You will need to update your fiscal year within your authorizations in order to avoid the error message. See the Setting UT Direct Personal Authorizations video for help changing the fiscal year. For a quick tutorial and guide for maneuvering Working with CCART.
- Self Tagging Template**- New
- Equipment Located off Campus*
- Property Transfer Receipt(Agencies) **
- Inventory Removal Request **
- Inventory Removal Request (25K+) Form**
- Release Form for IT Equipment**- New
- PI Transfer (Non-Agencies - Outgoing)**- New
- Inventory Training and Q & A Session Info - New
- Assigning Inventory Object Codes*
- Depreciation Calculation Template** (Excel Format)
- List of Controlled and Capitalized Items**-New
- Process for Removing Items Where the Proceeds from Sale Could Exceed $25,000**- New
Email box system allows incoming communication to be clearly categorized and sent to the correct people for faster service. We hope you will join us in in our quest for a more efficient inventory experience by using these boxes for your communications going forward.
- INVgeneral@austin.utexas.edu (general questions)
- INVdisposals@austin.utexas.edu(disposal/IRR questions or requests)
- INVtransfer@austin.utexas.edu (state agency, and/or nonprofit transfers)
- INVcertifications@austin.utexas.edu (annual certifications questions or submissions)
- INVccart@austin.utexas.edu (CCART questions)
- INVfabrication@austin.utexas.edu (fabrication questions or requests)
- INVscanners@austin.utexas.edu (scanner requests or questions)
- INVselftag@austin.utexas.edu (submitting tagging information)
- INVtagging@austin.utexas.edu (requests for tagging services/appointments)
- User Services - 512.471.8802
- AskUS for all frequent Inventory questions
* Note: Best viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later. Earlier versions may result in incomplete rendering of information. A free update of Adobe Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe.
**Note: This document requires that you be able to view Microsoft documents. Download a free Microsoft Viewer from Microsoft.