Office of Accounting
Inventory Modules Now OPEN!
*DEFINE command NU1, NVM module and the Inventory web portal has reopened for fiscal year 14-15!
If you are a self-tagger, please send all outstanding 13-14 tagging information to email@example.com
Annual Physical Inventory
Institutional policy and Federal law requires a physical accounting of inventoried property.
- Physical inventory certification due dates**- New
- Physical Inventory Certification Form**- New
- DEFINE NVP report Instructions*
- Start early, track your equipment year round
- Submit removal paperwork before equipment leaves and before you turn in your certification
- Contact Inventory Services regarding any equipment not on your equipment listing
- If your department will need a scanner please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- For more information, please click Annual Physical Inventory FAQ
- Report and reconcile inventory records and values to both the Annual Financial Report Schedules and the State Property Accounting record reports
- Maintain equipment inventory records on shared mainframe database
- Conduct and monitor the Annual Physical Inventory Cycle and audit those reports submitted by the university departments
- Locate and tag university equipment as it is purchased and received by departments
- Provide inventory information and reference resources to department personnel
FRMS Departmental Inventory Portal
The Departmental Inventory Portal, which is a subsystem of the Financial Resource Management System (FRMS), is available for departments to easily update inventory items: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/frms/inventory/.
The Departmental Inventory Portal will provide a Web-based inventory item management system for departments, thus allowing departments to perform the following tasks:
- Mark items as found, missing, or unfound
- Easily update location, comments, responsible person, and other data fields
- Find and correct data issues, such as items that are missing location information or that have elements crossing unit ownership
- View inventory information about units, items, and number of items in a unit
- Perform mass updates of multiple inventory items for various fields, including status, location, and responsible person
- Download report data
For more information and to access available training videos on the FRMS Departmental Inventory portal please visit the FRMS Training Resources Web page.
Policy Guidelines Related to Property Management
- Part 16—Inventory Control and Property Management
- Inventory Control Procedures and Penalties*
- Handbook of Business Procedures
Inventory Transfers Document
CCART (Online NT1 document) is open and operational year-round for processing electronic transfer of equipment (NT1) documents. You will need to update your fiscal year within your authorizations in order to avoid the error message. See the Setting UT Direct Personal Authorizations video for help changing the fiscal year.
- Equipment Located off Campus*
- Property Transfer Receipt(Agencies) **- New
- Property Transfer Receipt(Non-Agencies) **- New
- Property Transfer Receipt - Non-Texas State Agency Incoming ** - New
- Inventory Removal Request **- New
- Assigning Inventory Object Codes*
- Managing Inventory Contact Data
- Capitalized vs. Controlled Object Codes
- Depreciation Calculation Template** (Excel Format)
- Inventory Best Practices*
- Inventory Contact Guide*
- List of Controlled Items*
- List of Controlled and Capitalized Items*
- Self Tagging Template** (Excel format)
- Inventory Services - 512-471-3838
- User Services - 512.471.8802
- Email askUs@austin.utexas.edu for all general questions about Inventory
- Visit askUS to quickly find answers
- For scanner-related requests or appointments, email email@example.com
* Note: Best viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later. Earlier versions may result in incomplete rendering of information. A free update of Adobe Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe.
**Note: This document requires that you be able to view Microsoft documents. Download a free Microsoft Viewer from Microsoft.