Office of Accounting
The Nursing Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is a loan program funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Health Professions which allows nursing schools to make loans to their students enrolled full time in advanced degree nursing programs. This is not a need-based loan program; however, students must complete a FAFSA. The purpose of the Nurse Faculty Loan Program is to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty. The NFLP provides funding to schools of nursing to support the establishment and operation of a distinct, interest-bearing NFLP loan fund. The program offers partial loan forgiveness for borrowers that graduate and serve as full-time nursing faculty for the prescribed period of time.
To obtain a Nursing Faculty Loan, the student must contact the School of Nursing and complete an application. You may write or call the School of Nursing directly.
Assistant Dean for Administration
The University of Texas School of Nursing
1700 Red River
Austin, Texas 78701
The Loan Services Section of Student Accounts Receivable is responsible for the collection of NFLP loan. Repayment begins nine months after leaving school. Our office will contact you before the end of your final semester and will stay in contact with you until the loan is paid in full.
Name / Address Changes
You, as the borrower, are responsible for keeping the University current on any address changes. Loan Services uses the “local address” maintained by the Registrar’s office for your mailing address. Failure to receive correspondence or your monthly statement does not remove your responsibility for providing required documentation or from making your payment on time.
- If your last name changes, let us know the new name. We can add the new name to your loan for mailing purposes only without changing your official name with the university. Your academic records will remain unchanged.
- Call, write, email, or fax us with your request.
- Indicate your new address on your payment coupon.
- Go online and change your address using ROSE
- Call our office
- When moving, be sure to complete a “Change of Address” form with the U.S. Post Office.
You may designate another individual to handle the affairs of your NFLP loan but you must provide us with written authorization.
Please complete our authorization form and return it to our office.
If you dispute the terms of your loan in writing, and the institution does not resolve the dispute, you may contact the following for assistance:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Public Health Service
Health Resources and Services Administration
Bureau of Health Professions
Division of Nursing
Program Officer: Ms. Denise Thompson
* Note: Best viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later. Earlier versions may result in incomplete rendering of information. A free update of Adobe Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe.