Office of Accounting
Nursing Faculty Loan Services
Loan Repayment Terms
- Repayment of the Nursing Faculty loan begins when the grace period ends.
- Loan payments are due on the first day of each month.
- Monthly payment amount depends on the amount borrowed.
- The repayment period may not exceed 10 years.
- The University of Texas at Austin sends monthly statements to loan borrowers. Non-receipt of statements is not a valid defense for nonpayment. It is the responsibility of the borrower to pay the bill.
- The monthly statement will have a coupon to return with your payment if you wish to mail your payment.
For your convenience, there are many payment options available:
Loans AutoPay - Features include:
- Automatic withdrawal at no charge from your savings or checking account.
- Payment posted to your loan on the same date each month.
- Payments post to your loan account immediately and are deducted from your bank account two business days later.
A high assurance UT EID and password are required to access your Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) information online. Access your bank information at this link: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/weft/webEFT_info.WBX. Please take the time to input your current banking information before setting up your monthly payment.
You may set up your own automatic monthly payment using this link: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/autopay/. If your current UT EID does not allow you to see your EFT information, you will need to upgrade it to a "high assurance" level. Please follow this link: https://idmanager.its.utexas.edu/eid_self_help/ for UT EID help.
This is an electronic service that allows you to make a one-time payment online that will electronically withdraw the funds from your checking account. You will need your UT EID and password to use this service. You can use eCheck at any time, 24 hours a day.
Please go to the What I Owe page to make your payment. It is very important that you have the correct banking information before you begin. eCheck help and FAQs are available from the What I Owe page.
Cash, Checks, or Money Orders
- Pay by cash at the Cashier windows on campus in Room 8, UT Tower.
- Pay by check and money order via mail or at the Cashier windows.
- Make checks and money orders payable to the University of Texas at Austin.
Write the name of the borrower and UTEID on the check. If your personal check is returned for insufficient funds (NSF), you may not be able to make your payments with a personal check for 12 months. Returned eCheck and EFT payments are considered the same as a returned paper check.
- A high assurance UT EID and password are required.
- American Express, MasterCard, and Discover only.
- Payments can be made online via the What I Owe page or you may complete your credit card information on the payment coupon and mail it in for processing.