Office of Accounting
General Information for Parents
The University of Texas adheres to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), that provides students with privacy rights pertaining to their educational records. Certain information may only be accessed by the student. Security measures are in place to ensure that student privacy rights are protected.
Most of the links on the Student Accounts Receivable (SAR) Home page contain general information that is available to anyone. The following links to other University of Texas web sites may also be of interest to parents:
- Visiting Campus
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Student Financial Services
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
The following web pages contain restricted information available only to the student. The UT Electronic Identification (UT EID) and password, that are known to the student, are required to access these web pages.
- The My Tuition Bill page shows the student's individual tuition and fee information for the current and prior semesters. Online payments can be made at this page using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, echeck, or Electronic Funds Transfer. In addition, students may print an Official Fee Receipt or see their class schedule from this page.
- The Tuition Loan page allows students to apply for a loan covering their tuition and fee balance. Online loan repayments can be made using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, echeck, or Electronic Funds Transfer.
- The What I Owe page provides the student with a mechanism to view and pay most charges owed the University. Payment may be made using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, echeck, or Electronic Funds Transfer. The total amount due, current amount due and the barred (overdue) amounts are provided along with e-mail or phone contacts for each type of charge.
- The Where's My Check page shows detailed information about past, current and pending checks issued to the student.
- The Registrar's Services Online page allows the student to register, change addresses, see class schedules, obtain grades and more.