small horizontal black line
askus icon

Office of Accounting

VE5 (RTA) for Travel Reimbursements to Non-Employees Instead of APS

Effective July 24th, 2004, when reimbursing non-employees or prospective employees for travel only, process a VE5 (RTA or Request for Travel Authorization), instead of using an APS (Authorization of Professional Services) and VP2.

This enhancement will enable certain travel reimbursements, historically processed using a paper APS form and a VP2 payment document, to be processed entirely electronically using VE5 and VP5 electronic documents.

Note: If an honorarium is also to be paid to the traveler, then the existing APS process should continue to be used to pay the honorarium and reimburse the travel. Another enhancement is underway to address this situation, but it will not be ready until next fiscal year.

How do I do this?

Frequently Asked Questions about this New Procedure