This User Guide is organized according to each of the top-level navigation options: Home, Search, Scholarship, Create and Document.
The Home page serves as an index for FRMS features, tools, and information. The page automatically appears when you open FRMS from your browser.
- My Inbox – The My Inbox link takes you to your personal UT Direct Electronic Document Inbox where you can view documents awaiting your review and those you have created.
- Show my last 10 documents – To view the last 10 documents you created, check the view my last 10 documents link. The results are displayed just beneath the link. Click the Hide My Last 10 Documents link to return to the previous view.
- Scholarships, Fellowships, and Cash Prizes
- Create a new award – This will take you to the Create tab.
- News and Announcements – Announcements and information related to FRMS are posted in this section.
- Application Use Policy – An outline of FRMS user responsibilities and liabilities is summarized.
The Search tab allows users to conduct searches using various search criterion methods, filters, and search boxes.
The Search tab allows the following types of searches and returns a list of all existing documents that match the search. A search method must be selected to perform the search.
- Recipient EID (EID of the person who is receiving the award)
- Account (An account number used on the document)
- Creator EID (EID of the person who created the original document)
- Document ID (Document ID used to interact with *DEFINE)
- Scholarship ID (Scholarship record ID assigned at the time of creation)
Upon viewing the search results, data can be sorted by column by clicking on the column heading. The following columns can be sorted: scholarship status, create date, recipient, scholarship description, amount, and academic year columns. Data may also be limited to show a specific academic year or financial aid semesters for which the award has been applied. The recipient and scholarship description columns have search criteria boxes. Under Recipient, type a first name, a last name, or a UT EID.
The Scholarship tab allows users to search by Scholarship ID in order to view details of the Scholarship/Fellowship. Type the Scholarship ID and click Go. The screen display depends on the status of the document.
If the Scholarship/Fellowship has been final approved, the Scholarship tab will display the details of the award.
If the Scholarship/Fellowship document is still in progress, the Document tab will display the document for review.
The Create tab is used to begin the process of creating a Scholarship/Fellowship document. Before a Scholarship/Fellowship document can be created, the following conditions must be reviewed and certified:
- The recipient is not required to perform a service, including volunteer services, in exchange for these funds.
- This is not a reimbursement for official university business, including business travel.
- This is not a work-related cash prize for an employee.
For more detailed instructions on creating a Scholarship/Fellowship document, see Create a New Scholarship, Fellowship, or Cash Prize.
The Document tab will display the contents of a Scholarship/Fellowship document or a Scholarship/Fellowship Modify document. When a Document ID is entered, the user will view the contents of the document from the Document tab .
The Document tab allows users to travel to a Scholarship/Fellowship document or a Scholarship/Fellowship Modify document. The user will enter the Document ID and click Go.