Scholarship / Fellowship
Scholarship / Fellowship System
The Scholarship/Fellowship document is used to process departmental scholarship/fellowship payments. It can be used to make a single, one-time payment or multiple payments scheduled over an entire fiscal year. Funds are encumbered upon final approval of the document. The following are some highlights of the system.
- All SS1/SSA documents that were created in *DEFINE are available in the Scholarship/Fellowship System for review and modification.
- The new Web interface is user-friendly and simplifies document processing for scholarships and fellowships.
- Improved flexibility and reduction in the number of SS1s by allowing use of up to 10 accounts.
- If necessary, document audits for whether a Payee Information Form (PIF) is on file.
- Displays donor criteria for 30-accounts.
- Simplified payment scheduler.
- Ability to designate payments for a particular semester for financial aid purposes.
- Shows the amount of bars and taxes withheld, if any.
- The Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS) now receives financial information about students.
- Advanced search filters allow filtering by scholarship status, academic year, and semester.
- Advanced search fields allow search by the recipient's first name, last name, or UT EID, and by scholarship description.
- Allows increase of award and addition of account numbers, as well as decrease of award.
- Direct update fields are easily accessible on the Scholarship Web page, making it easy for departmental users to know which fields may be updated directly.
- *DEFINE SS2 and SSB documents can still be created, approved, and modified in *DEFINE.
- *DEFINE SL1, SL2, and SL4 commands remain active to allow searches for SS2/SSB documents.
- SSA documents in *DEFINE now require SIGNER + 1 because Modify documents in the new Scholarship/Fellowship system allow users to add accounts and increase the award amount.
- Cash prizes are now paid using Scholarship/Fellowship on the Web. (Formerly, they were processed using the VP2 command in *DEFINE.) Therefore, people who process cash prizes must be authorized for the SS1 command in *DEFINE.