Help sections available for the Create a New Position process for pooled university affiliates:
The Create a New Position process enables you to create and route pooled university affiliate position-related documents. You can access this section from the HRMS Home page or from a link on the top right side of the Browse Positions page.
- By job code:
- Use the drop-down menu to choose the university affiliate position category.
- Select a position subtype.
- For specific categories, HRMS automatically fills the Job Code field. For Casual Employee and Additional Departmental Affiliation, enter a job code, using the lookup as needed.
- Click Create By Job Code.
- Create based on a position ID:
- Enter a position ID, using the lookup as needed.
- Click Create By Position ID.
Create a New Position: Step 2 page:
- The Origination Date defaults to the current date; however, you can change it by clicking the calendar icon or by entering the date manually using the MM/DD/YYYY (month/day/year) format. This date is the first day an incumbent may be assigned to the position.
- Check the box to indicate that this is a pooled position.
- Enter the position’s Hours per week (optional).
- Provide the reports to unit code, using the lookup tool as needed.
- The Creator Desk refers to the authorization (desk) assigned to the user who is creating the document. Click the lookup tool to select the appropriate Creator Desk for the document. The Creator Desk desk serves two functions: First, any user with this desk authorization can make updates to the document while it is in Created status and can approve it to route forward. Second, this desk in combination with the owning unit code assigned to the position will determine routing for the document.
NOTE: The field will pre-populate and may need to be changed. You can type in the desk name or click the lookup tool to select a different Creator Desk.
- Identify the Duration of the pooled university affiliate position: Expected to continue, Terminates on ______ (enter a date in MM/DD/YYYY format or use the calendar icon), or Terminates on unknown date.
- Click either Walk-me-through or All-in-one to create the document.
- The Walk-me-through option takes you through the document section by section, beginning with the Create a New Position: General page.
- If you select the All-in-one option, all sections in the Create a New Position document appear in a single scrolling page.