Non-Pooled University Affiliate
An incumbent is an individual who has a relationship to a position. When a university affiliate is assigned to a position, he or she becomes the incumbent and inherits the attributes of the position. When the university affiliate leaves, the position stays, retains its attributes, and is vacant. Another incumbent can then fill the position.
The Incumbent View for a non-pooled university affiliate can be accessed by selecting the Position|Incumbent tabs or by clicking the incumbent's name on the View Position Details page.
The following information is available on the Incumbent View page:
Incumbent Details for [Position title] ([Position ID])
- HRMS will advise you if an I-9 is required for the incumbent.
- Incumbent (EID) – Incumbent’s full name followed by his or her EID. The university affiliate's name is linked to the corresponding Employee Profile page.
- Position Type – The university affiliate sub-category is identified. (Click here for more information.)
- Campus – Identifies the UT campus where the incumbent works.
- Start Date – Begin date for the assignment.
- End Date – End date for the assignment. (Click here for more information.)
- Reason – This field identifies the reason for the assignment end date.
- Hours Per Week (percent time) – Number of hours assigned to the incumbent. Percent time equals the percentage of an assignment's total hours in relation to a 40-hour work week. (Click here for more information.)
- Concurrent Assignments – Assignment information is displayed if the incumbent holds more than one position within one or more departments. Click More... to view additional concurrent assignment information, if applicable.
- Driving Required – Indicates whether the incumbent's duties require the use of a vehicle.
- Needs I/O Assistance – Indication that the incumbent requires the services of the UT International Office.
- Sponsor – Identifies the individual who represents and vouches for the university affiliate.
- Contact – Identifies the UT employee who administers the position.
- Unofficial Reports To – The name and EID of the university affiliate's Reports to supervisor.
- Privileges – UT privileges extended to the incumbent are displayed.
- University affiliates are non benefits-eligible.
- External Organization – The name of the organization, if any, with whom the incumbent is affiliated.
- Type of work performed – Describes the duties/tasks performed by the university affiliate.
- Any UT privileges extended to the incumbent are also listed.