Reclassify a Filled Position: Justification
Help sections available for the Reclassify a New Position process for a filled A&P/Classified/Teacher/Librarian position:
The departmental need for the position and its place on the organizational chart are described in the Reclassify a Position: Justification section, which can be accessed from the Reclassify a Position: Working Conditions section in the Walk-me-through mode and follows that section in the All-in-one mode.
Document summary information and a link that enables you to change your desk/view appear just below the page header. To view a description of the job, click the View job description link situated beneath the scrolling navigation bar. You can review the job posting by clicking Preview the public job posting.
The Reclassify a Position: Justification section is divided into the following subsections:
- Provide a URL for the department’s current organizational chart and another that shows the organizational structure with the proposed position.
- You can add a supplementary description of the organization change in the accompanying text box.
NOTE: Use this option if organizational charts or URLs are not available.
- In the text box provided, explain how the reclassified position will serve the department’s needs and/or benefit the organization’s mission.
Buttons located at the bottom of the page allow you to take one of three actions:
- Reset clears all fields; any unsaved work will be lost.
- Save & Verify saves your work and alerts you to any errors or missing information on the page. You can fix the errors now or click Save & Continue and fix them later.
- Save & Continue saves your current work. You can go on to the next section, Reclassify a Position: Incumbent, or resume work on the document at a later time.
NOTE: Any errors identified by HRMS when you Save & Continue will be carried forward, but they must be corrected when you reach the Document Review section. The system will notify you of error messages and prompt you to correct them after you click Save & Verify.
Click here to return to the Reclassify a Position Help start page.