Help sections available for the Create a New Position process for an A&P/Classified/Teacher/Librarian position:
The departmental need for the A&P/Classified/Teacher/Librarian position and its place on the organizational chart are described in the Create a New Position: Justification section, which can be accessed from the Create a New Position: Working Conditions section in the Walk-me-through mode and follows that section in the All-in-one mode.
Document summary information and a link that enables you to change your desk/view appear just below the page header. To view a description of the job, the public job posting, or applicant instructions, click the corresponding link.
The Create a New Position: Justification section is divided into the following subsections:
- Provide a URL for the department’s current organizational chart and another that shows the organizational structure with the proposed position.
- You can add a supplementary description of the organization change in the accompanying text box.
NOTE: If organizational charts are not available, this section may be skipped; however, the Description of Organizational Change and Department Justification must be completed.
- In the text box provided, explain how the A&P/Classified/Teacher/Librarian position will serve the department’s needs and/or benefit the organization’s mission.
Buttons located at the bottom of the page allow you to take one of three actions:
- Reset clears all fields; any unsaved work will be lost.
- Save & Verify saves your work and alerts you to any errors or warnings on the page. You can correct the errors now or click Save & Continue and correct them later.
- Save & Continue saves your entries and takes you to the next section, Create a New Position: Recruiting, or you can resume work on the document at a later time.
NOTE: Any errors identified when you Save & Continue will be carried forward, but they must be corrected before the document can be approved and routed. The system will identify errors and warnings and prompt you to correct them after you click Save & Verify.
Return to the initial Create a New Position Help page.