:: Training Aids: Publications
Primer of Oil and Gas Measurement
This item is available in print and e-book versions.
This training manual introduces inexperienced personnel to the basic procedures, standards, and instruments used to measure oil and gas. It is intended as a primer for both those who measure oil and gas and those who witness measurement procedures. It can be used as an introduction for people new to the industry or as a reference for those knowledgeable about other areas of the industry but unfamiliar with measurement procedures and practices.
- Tank measurement
- Gauging petroleum and petroleum product heights in stationary tanks
- Measuring the temperature, density, and suspended S&W content of liquids in tanks
- Manual sampling of petroleum and petroleum products
- Automatic sampling of petroleum and petroleum products
- An introduction to LACT systems
- Meters and meter proving
- Orifice meter installations
This book is produced in cooperation with the API. ISBN 0-88698-160-3. 1993, 170 pp.
This companion workbook to The Primer of Oil and Gas Measurement includes eight lessons that correspond to the eight chapters in the book. Each lesson includes a summary of the chapter in the book, a vocabulary list, and a set of questions. These lessons can be used to reinforce the information presented in the book or as a pre- and/or post-test for each chapter. Answer sheets are included in the workbook, but can be deleted if the lessons are used as test material. ISBN 0-88698-173-5. 1993, 62 pp.
Cat. no. 8.20016. $26.00 Purchase Here
Customers Also Bought:
- Gas and Liquid Measurement (Pub)
- Measurement of Petroleum and Petroleum Product Cargoes Aboard Marine Vessels (AV)
- Basic Petroleum Measurement (Course)
Don’t Forget the Essentials!