:: Training Courses
Advanced Petroleum Measurement (third of three levels)
Builds on previous two courses and 2 to 5 years of field experience in measurement. Introduces additional trouble-shooting, problem-solving skills, and system performance analysis. Covers advanced techniques in loss control analysis, dynamic metering systems, and knowledge of various methods for calibrating both meter provers and aboveground storage tanks. Addresses needs for advanced EFMs and ATG systems. Uses API MPMS and the ASTM Test Methods.
Fundamental Petroleum Measurement and Intermediate Petroleum Measurement are required as prerequisites to Advanced Petroleum Measurement unless the student is able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to allow an active participation.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Expands in more depth on each of the topics in Fundamentals of and Intermediate Petroleum Measurement
- Properties of petroleum—Physical properties, S&W analytical testing, crude oil assays, multiple analysis, and analytical quality tests for refined products
- Static Measurement—ATG by radar, servo gauge, hybrid system, HTG, and mass systems; tank calibration by MTSM, ORLM, OTM, EODR, and TSRLM
- Dynamic measurement systems: troubleshooting, meter prover design and performance issues; calibration of meter provers, metering systems for marine terminals and load racks; automatic sampling systems, performance verification
- Oil loss analysis in three-region scenarios; use of control charts and other performance tools; system trouble-shooting techniques
- Introduction to mass measurement
Personnel with 2 to 5 years of experience in pipeline, refining, and production measurement operations. Provides training for those participating in prover and sampling system calibrations and certifications.
Recommended for those seeking to enhance knowledge of measurement performance and audit techniques.
Included with Course:
Download a brochure for our Liquid Petroleum Measurement Courses (PDF–1 MB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Measurement (first of three levels)
- Intermediate Petroleum Measurement (second of three levels)