:: Training Courses
Fundamentals of Petroleum Measurement (first of three levels)
This course is the first in a three course series on Petroleum Measurement.
Provides fundamentals in manual tank gauging, principles of operation of the primary dynamic meters, and a base knowledge on meter proving, factor calculation, and meter/tank ticket calculations. Uses the API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards and the ASTM Test Methods as the basis for instruction.
Basic Petroleum Measurement is recommended as a prerequisite to Advanced and Intermediate Petroleum Measurement.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Fundamentals of tank calibration by the manual strapping method
- Lease tanks: level gauging, temperature determination, free water determination, and manual sampling
- S&W determination by centrifuge
- Lease tank run ticket calculations
- Introduction to automatic sampling; the flow metering theory; the operation of PD, turbine, Coriolis and ultrasonic meters; meter provers, meter proving, and prover calibration; and the calculations of meter factors and tickets
Included with Course:
Download a brochure for our Liquid Petroleum Measurement Courses (PDF–1 MB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
- Advanced Petroleum Measurement (third of three levels)
- Intermediate Petroleum Measurement (second of three levels)