:: Training Courses
Field Handling of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Engineering
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Covers the general design of systems for natural gas handling and treatment from the wellhead to the gas processing plant to achieve marketable products that meet desired product specifications.
Length: 4 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Characteristics of natural gas
- Natural gas production and liquid separation
- Hydrates and dehydration of natural gas
- Gas conditioning
- Compressors and prime movers
- Valve sizing and selection
- Pumps, instruments, and controls
- Measurement of natural gas and gas liquids
- Facilities surveillance and optimization
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Course materials including instructor presentations and exercises
- Recommended book: Field Handling of Natural Gas, 4th Edition
Field and maintenance foremen and superintendents; facilities and production engineering technicians; and new facilities engineers.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Processing Courses (PDF–772 KB).
- Mass Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids (Direct and Inferred)
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis
- Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Engineering