:: Training Courses
The Rig School™ – Intro to Offshore Operations – A PETEX Legacy for Over 35 Years!
3.3 CEUs, 35 CPEs for TX Accountants (no prerequisites required), 30 CEs for TDI Licensees, 27 CEs for TX Landmen, and 3 MCLEs for TX Lawyers
Now awarding CEs for Insurers, CPEs for Texas Accountants, and CEs for Landmen!
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Download a brochure for our Introductory Drilling Courses (PDF–1.75 MB).
Provides an explanation of the fundamentals of environment, logistics, equipment, procedures, and regulations unique to offshore petroleum exploration, drilling, and production. Includes an overview and forecast of the offshore industry; also includes field trips. Lunch is provided. Participants receive handouts.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Geology and geophysics in offshore exploration
- Offshore lease acquisition
- Basic drilling process and terms
- Well planning and business aspects
- Special operations
- Drilling–offshore considerations
- Offshore production
- Maritime and state law
- Offshore regulations
- Offshore storage and terminals
- Offshore catastrophes and emergency response
- Insurance for offshore operation
- The economics of offshore exploration and development, an investment decision-making view
New employees; attorneys; insurance, and financial employees; administrative personnel; and anyone who needs a basic knowledge of offshore operations.