:: Training Courses
Mass Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids
Endorsed by the Gas Processors Association!
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
Download a brochure for our Light Hydrocarbon Measurement Course (PDF–1.1 MB).
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Teaches the theory, installation, operation, and proving practices of mass measurement of hydrocarbon fluids, including natural gas liquids and other liquids. Practices include both static and dynamic custody transfer operation. Provides hands-on instruction of pycnometer calibration and proving. Demonstrates proper procedures while emphasizing safe practices. Participants receive handouts.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Fundamentals of measurement
- Static measurement
- Dynamic measurement
- Prover certification (pycnometers/density meter provers)
- Prover certification (flow meter provers)
- Proving systems and proving
- Sample analysis
- Classroom exercise
Measurement technicians and engineers with one to five years’ experience; and those personnel who witness or audit measurement.
- Advanced Petroleum Measurement (third of three levels)
- Field Handling and Plant Processing of Natural Gas
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis