:: Training Courses
Mass Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids (Direct and Inferred)
Endorsed by the Gas Processors Association
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
Teaches theory, installation, operation, and proving practices of mass measurement of light hydrocarbon fluids including natural gas liquids and other liquids. Provides instruction in meter proving and calculation of meter factors for meters in high vapor pressure service (e.g., propane or mixed NGLs). Provides instruction and simulation/demonstration of densi-tometer proving by pycnometer and pycnometer calibration. Demonstrates proper procedures and emphasizes safe prac-tices; and provides instruction in the calculation of volumes at base conditions of single-grade light hydrocarbons from measured NGL mixes. Emphasis placed upon proper procedures and safe practices.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Fundamentals of measurement
- Static and dynamic measurement
- Proving a flow meter in high vapor pressure liquids
- Proving a density meter high vapor pressure liquids
- Flow meter prover calibration by waterdraw or gravimetric methods
- Pycnometer calibration by the water weigh method
- Mass measurement by turbine meter and densitometer or by Coriolis flow meter
- Sampling and sample analysis
- Calculations for volume at base conditions from mass quantities and analysis of composite sample
Measurement technicians and engineers with 1 to 5 years of experience; and those who witness or audit measurement.
Download a brochure for our Light Hydrocarbon Measurement Course (PDF–1.1 MB).
Included with Course:
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
- Advanced Petroleum Measurement (third of three levels)
- Field Handling and Plant Processing of Natural Gas
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis