:: Training Courses
Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals and Meter Station Design/Application/Inspection
Endorsed by the Gas Processors Association
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
Covers the basics of physical and chemical makeup of gas mixtures and how they are affected by temperature and pressure. Covers the fundamentals of flow measurement of natural gas and how to obtain, analyze, and determine sound measurement. Covers the basics of natural gas meter station designs, applications of volume-determining meters including the flow-conditioning requirements for orifice meters, gas turbine meters, and ultrasonic meters. Provides hands-on practice in inspecting dual-chamber orifice meter runs.
Length: 3.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Units of measurement
- Natural gas chemistry
- Physical behavior
- Flow measurement principles and design/application/inspection
- Flow measurement principles
- Flow conditioning principles
- Orifice meters (gas) – design/application/inspection
- Orifice plate inspections - dual chamber and major orifice fittings
- Orifice flow meter run inspection and maintenance
- Displacement meters (gas) – design/application/inspection
- Turbine meters (gas) – design/application/inspection
- Ultrasonic meters (gas) – design/application/inspection
- Coriolis meters (gas) – design/application/inspection
- Pulsation effects on accuracy of NGM measurement
- Meter station design/application/inspection
Recommended Book (discount when purchased during course): Gas and Liquid Measurement
Included with Course:
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Measurement Courses (PDF–1.7 MB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis
- Pipeline Construction Inspection