:: Training Courses
3.3 CEUs, 35 CPEs for TX Accountants (no prerequisites required), 30 CEs for TDI Licencees, 27 CEs for TX Landmen
3.3 CEUs, 35 CPEs for Texas Accountants, 30 CEs for TDI licensees, 27 CEs for Texas Landmen
Covers the basics of petroleum, starting with industry terminology, geology, exploration, and leasing. Reviews drilling, production, transportation, equipment usage, and operating procedures upstream, midstream, and downstream. Addresses safety, economics and regulatory concerns. Customized, condensed course versions available.
Length: 4.5 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Petroleum geology and exploration
- Aspects of leasing
- Drilling operations and well control
- Production operations
- Petroleum transportation–offshore and onshore
- Refining and processing
- Macroeconomic outlook-upstream oil and gas business
New employees; attorneys; insurance, finance, accounting, and administrative personnel; and anyone who needs a fundamental overview of the petroleum industry.
Included with Course
Course also available in a customized condensed version for on-site training.
Download a brochure for our Introductory Petroleum Courses (PDF–1.75 MB).
- Elementary Drilling Onshore
- The Rig School™ – Intro to Offshore Operations – A PETEX Legacy for Over 35 Years!