:: Training Courses
Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Engineering
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Processing Courses (PDF–772 KB).
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Covers the general design of systems associated with natural gas processing plants to achieve products that meet desired product specifications. A review of fluid properties and ideal gas laws, and their impact on plant design. Dew-point control and refrigeration systems are addressed using lecture and classroom exercises. Gas treating, sulfur recovery, dehydration, mercury removal, NGL recovery, fractionation and nitrogen rejection units are additional functional areas covered by this course. The course ties all the components together to achieve optimum, economical operating performance. Provides classroom instruction and exercises, handouts, and NGPSA Engineering Data Book(s).
Length: 4 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Fundamentals (review)
- Feed receiving and stabilization
- Dew-point control and refrigeration systems
- Hydrocarbon treating
- Sulfur recovery and Claus off-gas treating
- Dehydration and mercury removal
- NGL recovery
- Fractionation and liquid treating
- Nitrogen rejection unit (NRU)
Maintenance supervisors and superintendents; plant engineering technicians; process control technicians; and new plant engineers. Experienced plant engineers may find this course beneficial as a review.
- Field Handling of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Engineering
- Instruments and Controls
- Mass Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis