:: Training Courses
Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Operations
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Covers natural gas process plant operations to achieve marketable products that meet desired product specifications. Emphasis on offering plant-operating personnel an improved understanding of process techniques and equipment for optimum economical operating performance.
Length: 4 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Fundamentals of natural gas and gas behavior
- Plant components
- Feed gas receiving and condensate stabilization
- Dew-point control and refrigeration systems
- Hydrocarbon gas treating, sulfur recovery, and Claus off-gas treating
- Dehydration and mercury removal
- NGL recovery—lean-oil absorption and cryogenic
- Fractionation and liquid treating
- Nitrogen rejection unit (NRU)
- Plant considerations—economics, allocations, operating limits and safety
- Instruments and controls
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Provided book: Plant Processing of Natural Gas, 2nd edition
Maintenance and operations foremen and superintendents, plant engineering technicians; plant operators; process control technicians; and new plant engineers.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Processing Courses (PDF–772 KB).
- Field Handling of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Operations
- Instruments and Controls
- Mass Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids (Direct and Inferred)
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis