:: Training Courses
Natural Gas Measurement–Electronic Flow Measurement
Endorsed by the Gas Processors Association!
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Measurement Courses (PDF–692 KB).
To enroll click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this page next to the class date you wish to enroll for.
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out a registration form (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find registration forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
Covers the basics of electronic flow measurement including the installation and calibration of electronic flow devices. Provides an overview of basic electrical/electronics theory, instruction on the installation, operation, and calibration of electronic transmitters in both the classroom and practical lab exercises. Addresses the proper application of electronic flow computers including installation, operation, and troubleshooting; and the integration of electronic flow computers with SCADA applications is covered along with the various communication methods. Covers the audit trail and data integrity requirements when using electronic flow computers. Participants receive handouts.
Length: 3 days
Participants receive instruction in:
- Basic electronics/electricity
- Electronic transmitters
- EFM utilizing multiversion transducers
- Laboratory exercises–transmitters
- Application of flow computers
- Audit trail/data integrity
- SCADA applications/communication methods
Gas measurement technicians, analysts, engineers, and personnel who witness or audit natural gas measurement.
- Natural Gas Measurement–Design/Application/Inspection
- Natural Gas Measurement–Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Measurement–Sampling and Analysis
- Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Engineering
- Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Operations