CIE in 2011: Top Stories
12/21/2011Join us as we take a look back at some of our top stories from 2011.
What we enjoy about these stories is that they offer a snapshot of the past year for CIE: how we fit into the story of The University of Texas at Austin and how our programs collectively impact our students at every stage in their lives, from grade school to college, from professional career to retirement.
Our biggest internal story this year was a change in leadership in November that saw Linda Glessner named CIE’s Executive Director: “CIE embraces new vision as Linda Glessner named Executive Director.”
We look forward with great enthusiasm and excitement to 2012, as we make steps to expand our current programs to reach even more people in Texas and around the world.
Here are our favorite stories of 2011:
- UEX instructor Gary Hoover on what makes a great entrepreneur
- PDC opens new online professional development courses
- Southwest Airlines works with CIE’s UTCPE to review efficiency and teamwork
- CIE launches 2011 Migrant Student Ceremony Microsite
- UT OLLI’s Lamp organization welcomes financial writer Scott Burns to campus
- LUCHA student Eduardo Gonzalez earns high school valedictorian title
- Leo Galvan graduates high school with help of online CBE and the new Testing Center
- UT Online High School collaborates with AESA Prep Academy
- CIE works with City of Austin to promote small businesses
- PETEX launches new Land Management Certificate Program in Austin, Houston and San Antonio
- CIE’s Gwyn Boyter appointed by Rick Perry to Special Education Continuing Advisory Committee
- PETEX hosts grand opening event for new Learning and Assessment Center in Houston
- Informal Classes announces spring 2012 Go Native U classes
The blog returns in early January 2012. In the meantime, we wish you Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.