FranklinCovey® and PDC help you make “5Choices™ to Extraordinary Productivity”
Registration is now open for FranklinCovey®--The 5Choices™ to Extraordinary Productivity on June 27th at the Commons of the J.J. Pickle Research Campus. This course is part of a new collaboration between the Professional Development Center and FranklinCovey® to offer courses and workshops on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. These training courses are designed specifically for PDC clients and will include such topics as leadership, productivity and developing greater effectiveness in the workplace and in your personal life.
In this course, learn how to cut through such daily distractions as constant email, texts, tweets, phone calls and the Internet to focus on your most important objectives. Gain the tools and guidance you need to maximize productivity in every area of your life.
As instructor Kevin Jones Giddins describes in the video above, gain valuable instruction to help you follow-through on the following 5 “choices” so you can make every day more productive and meaningful.
- Act on the important – don’t react to the urgent.Learn to approach each day with mindset of looking to identify and eliminate the distractions that keep you from achieving your most important goals.
- Go for the extraordinary – don’t settle for ordinary.Discover methods to help you clearly define your highest goals at work and at home. When you know what you want, you gain the direction and motivation for achieving extraordinary results through your day-to-day decisions.
- Schedule the big rocks – don’t sort gravel.Consistently planning activities around the goals you identify creates a pattern of focus and success. Learn the process for creating weekly and daily plans that will produce extraordinary outcomes.
- Rule your technology – don’t let it rule you.Review valuable rules to help you maximize your use of technology – email, social media, mobile devices – to help you build a reliable, useful personal information system.
- Fuel your fire – don’t burn out.Create a daily plan to help you stay focused and full of energy. By keeping your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual energy refreshed, you get even closer to accomplishing your goals.