Registration is now open for Wildflower Center’s Go Native U
8/4/2010Continuing & Innovative Education (CIE) is proud to announce that registration is now open for the popular Go Native U program at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. Starting in September, registrants can enjoy classes in plant gardening, landscape design or identifying native plants in the wild. Go Native U classes are offered in partnership with CIE.
Go Native U is designed to teach adult learners about the “sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes.” Here is a list of Go Native U classes, all held at the Wildflower Center in south Austin.
- Native Plant Gardening: Design – Learn how to properly analyze your garden site, inventory existing features, concept your layout and other steps needed to create a well-designed garden.
- Native Plant Gardening: Plants I – Learn about native plant names, characteristics, requirements and how to choose the right plants for your garden.
- Native Plant Gardening: Plants II – Continue to learn about the top native plants for your garden.
- Native Plant Gardening: Installation– Discover the rules of proper site preparation, irrigation, planting times and techniques.
- Native Plant Gardening: Maintenance– Topics include basic plant morphology and physiology, watering guidelines and conservation, gardening hazards, and much more.
- Native Plant Gardening: Pests – Understand how to manage native plant disease, garden pests, insects and weeds.
- Native Plant Gardening Sequence – Sign up for all six Native Plant Gardening courses and receive 10% off your enrollment cost.
- Landscape Design Studio – Take the principles and skills gained in “Native Plant Gardening: Design” and apply them in a studio environment.
- Native Plants of Austin – Learn how to identify the native plants in and around Austin. Includes a field trip to apply your knowledge.
For more information about individual classes, costs, meeting times and registration, please visit the Go Native U Web site.