:: 2015 AP* Summer Institutes at UT Austin
AP US Government and Politics
Institute Code AP15024
July 13 - 16, 2015, 8AM to 4:45PM
UT Thompson Conference Center
The sessions in this institute will introduce participants to the AP U.S. Government and Politics course with a combination of “how to” and content. Sessions will range from looking at the scope of the course and how to cover the content, to lessons from past exams.
The goals of the four day session are to assist participants with:
- understanding the exam—both the free response and the multiple choice questions
- teaching the skills and content that the students need to be successful
- developing strategies and lessons for your class
Participants should bring the following:
- your textbook
- a copy of your best lesson to share
Lead Consultant: Jenny Esler
Jenny Esler graduated from The University of Texas at Austin. She has taught in the Round Rock Independent School District for 30 years, 26 at Round Rock High School. Jenny has extensive experience in the AP U.S. Government and Politics curriculum: she has taught the course for 22 years and been a reader or grader for the national exam for 17 years and served as a member of the AP Government & Politics Test Development Committee.
* Trademark Notice: College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
- The Exam—current and past free response questions and multiple choice questions
- The curriculum—we will begin to examine the curriculum and discuss strategies for teaching it
- The curriculum and resources
- The curriculum and strategies