Registration will close at noon the Thursday before each institute start date.
A course may be cancelled if it does not meet minimum enrollment requirements, in which case a full refund will be issued. The decision to make or cancel classes for each institute week will be made no later than:
- May 13 for Week One institutes (June 10 – 13)
- May 20 for Week Two institutes (June 17 – 20)
- May 24 for Week Three institutes (June 24 - 27)
- June 3 for AP Fine Arts Institutes in Costa Rica (Week of July 15)
- June 17 for Week Four institutes (July 15 - July 18)
- June 24 for Week Five institutes (July 22 - July 25)
- July 8 for Week Six institutes (July 29 - August 1)
The cost of a summer institute is $495 if you are registered and paid in full by May 1, 2013 at 5:00PM and $540 after 5:00PM on May 1, 2013, except for AP Studio Art and Art History in Costa Rica. The registration fee for these institutes will remain $540 plus additional fees to cover lodging and accommodations in Costa Rica. Visit the College of Fine Arts http://www.utexas.edu/finearts/ap-summer-institute/ for more information.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing. Notification deadlines and fees are as follows:
For All June Institutes - Week One, Two and Three:
- Refund minus a $45 administrative fee will be given if notification is received by May 17, 2013.
- No refunds will be issued after May 17, 2013.
For All July Institutes not including Costa Rica - Week Four, Five and Six:
- Refund minus a $45 administrative fee will be given if notification is received by June 17, 2013.
- No refunds will be issued after June 17, 2013.
For AP Studio Art and AP Art History in Costa Rica:
- Refund minus a $45 administrative fee will be given if notification is received by June 6, 2013.
- No refunds will be issued after June 6, 2013.
Substitution and Transfer Policies
A substitute may attend in a registrant’s place with a request received in writing . Requests may be written to email@example.com.
A registrant may transfer into a different institute, with a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, even if the new institute is being held in a different week. The date of the institute the registrant is transferring into will determine the notification deadlines and fees.
- Transfer and substitution requests received up until two weeks before the institute will be processed for a fee of $35.
- Transfer and substitution requests received less than two weeks before the institute will be processed for a fee of $100, with no exceptions.
Certification and Attendance Policy
Participants meet for 30 hours of instruction during the week (lunch and breaks are not counted in instructional hours). Participants must attend the entire institute and registration fees must be paid in full to receive a certificate of completion. Participants who attend only part of the institute and/or have not paid for their registration will be issued a letter on The University of Texas at Austin letterhead that is signed by the APSI director certifying the number of hours attended, but they will not receive a certificate.
* Trademark Notice: College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.