AUSTIN TRAVEL AND LODGING INFORMATIONParticipants may choose to stay at the Doubletree Austin –University Area Hotel or find lodging on their own as they please. Some suggestions can be found at the following link: http://www.utexas.edu/ce/tcc/attend/local-accommodations. See below for more details on the Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel and helpful links for information on transportation and local reviews.
Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel
The Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel is located just southeast of the UT campus at 1617 N. IH 35, Austin, TX 78702, off Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. The hotel is offering a special rate of $119* per night, with the exception of any hotel stays on June 12th or June 13th, at a rate of $149 per night. Check-in takes place the Sunday prior to the institutes, except for AP Spanish Literature for Experienced Teachers, check-in will take place on Monday. The Doubletree does not provide shuttle service from the airport. Please check the “Helpful Travel Links” below for transportation suggestions.
*This rate is only available for a limited time. Please make reservations as soon as possible.
Participants can make their reservation online:
- For Week One, June 9 — June 12, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 1
- For Week One - SPANISH LITERATURE FOR EXPERIENCED AP TEACHERS ONLY, June 10 — June 13, - please call or email Valerie Ruiz with the Doubletree Hotel, 512-479-4000 ext 7040 or Valerie.Ruiz2@Hilton.com.
- For Week Two, June 16 — June 19, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 2
- For Week Three, June 23 — June 26, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 3
- For Week Four, July 14 — July 17, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 4
- For Week Five, July 21 — July 24, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 5
- For Week Six, July 28 — July 31, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 6
- ForWeek Seven,August 4 — August 7, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 7
Alternatively, Call 1-800-222-TREE, and ask for the “AP Summer Institutes” special group rate during the desired dates. Please remember to tell them which week you will be attending your APSI.
Helpful Travel LinksHere are some websites that may help you as you plan your trip to Austin!
- Trip Advisor - Austin Information
- Yelp.com - Reviews on Austin Hotels, Transportation, Restaurants & Things to Do!
- Kayak.com - For Booking Flights and Hotels
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Super Shuttle - Transportation to and From Airport and Hotels
- Yellow Cab Austin
- Capital Metro Bus (Bus rides from the Austin-Bergstrom airport to UT-Austin cost $1.00. Click “Riding Capital Metro,” then “MetroBus,” then “Limited and Flyer Routes” and view the Route 100 Schedule.)
- 40 Acres Shuttle is a free shuttle on campus.
- UT Parking and Transportation.
- Good hotel rates can often be found using the many travel and hotel sites on the Internet.
Check this Web site periodically for updates on travel, lodging, and parking.