AUSTIN TRAVEL AND LODGING INFORMATIONWhen making travel arrangements, it’s important to note that each week, the AP Summer Institutes at UT Austin run Monday - Thursday, 8AM to 4:45PM. You may not receive a certificate of completion if you have not attended the entirety of the institute. So please plan your travel arrangements appropriately.
Participants may choose to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - University/Capitol, in a dormitory on campus or find lodging on their own as they please. Some suggestions can be found at the following link: http://www.utexas.edu/ce/tcc/attend/local-accommodations. As soon as details are finalized with the Hampton Inn & Suites and with the Division of Housing on the UT campus, information will be made available on this site.
Hampton Inn & Suites - University/Capitol
The Hampton Inn and Suites is located at 1701 Lavaca Street, just a short 1.5 miles from the Thompson Conference Center on the UT Campus. Capital Area Metro Bus routes to campus are available. Please check the “Helpful Travel Links” below for transportation suggestions. Room blocks will be made available to APSI participants at $126* per night, $10* parking fee per day.
*This rate is only available for a limited time. Please make reservations as soon as possible.
Participants can make their reservation online, starting in January of 2015:
- For Week One, June 8 — June 11, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Two, June 15 — June 18, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Three, June 22 — June 25, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Four, July 13 — July 16, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Five, July 20 — July 23, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Six, July 27 — July 30, Click here to make your reservation.
Alternatively, Call 1-800- HILTONS (1-800-445-8667), and ask for the “AP Summer Institutes” special group rate during the desired dates. Please remember to tell them which week you will be attending your APSI.
Dormitories on the UT Campus
More information about staying in a UT dormitory will be posted as soon as it becomes available in February of 2015.
Helpful Travel LinksHere are some websites that may help you as you plan your trip to Austin!
- Trip Advisor - Austin Information
- Yelp.com - Reviews on Austin Hotels, Transportation, Restaurants & Things to Do!
- Kayak.com - For Booking Flights and Hotels
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Super Shuttle - Transportation to and From Airport and Hotels
- Yellow Cab Austin
- Capital Metro Bus (Bus rides from the Austin-Bergstrom airport to UT-Austin cost $1.00. Click “Riding Capital Metro,” then “MetroBus,” then “Limited and Flyer Routes” and view the Route 100 Schedule.)
- 40 Acres Shuttle is a free shuttle on campus.
- UT Parking and Transportation.
- Good hotel rates can often be found using the many travel and hotel sites on the Internet.
Check this Web site periodically for updates on travel, lodging, and parking.