AUSTIN TRAVEL AND LODGING INFORMATION
Participants may choose to stay at the Doubletree Austin –University Area Hotel, on campus at the San Jacinto Residence Hall, or find lodging on their own as they please. Some suggestions can be found at the following link: http://www.utexas.edu/ce/tcc/attend/local-accommodations. See below for more details on the Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel and the San Jacinto Residence Hall.
San Jacinto Residence HallThis information will be posted as soon as it becomes available for 2014!
Participants may choose to stay at the San Jacinto Residence Hall on campus, which was $70 per night for a single occupancy room in 2013.
To make reservations, please visit:
The Division of Housing and Food Reservation Website
The address for the San Jacinto Residence Halls is: San Jacinto Residence Hall 309 E 21st Street Austin, TX 78705
Check-in begins at 3PM on Sundays.
Paid parking is available in the Trinity and Brazos garages on campus. Free parking is available in the Thompson Conference Center Parking Lot, Lot 40. There is a 10 - 15 minute walk from Lot 40 to the San Jacinto Residence Hall or you may take the 40 Acres Shuttle.
Please do not lump payment together for registration and campus housing. Registration payments go to UT AP Summer Institutes at the Thompson Conference Center; campus housing payments go to the Division of Housing and Food Service. Housing confirmation will be sent by the Division of Housing and Food Service, not the AP Summer Institutes.
For questions about staying at the San Jacinto Residence Halls, please contact the UT Division of Housing and Food Services via the following email address: email@example.com.
Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel
The Doubletree Austin – University Area Hotel is located just southeast of the UT campus at 1617 N. IH 35, Austin, TX 78702, off Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. The hotel is offering a special rate of $109* per night. As we are ending the institutes at 4:45 p.m. on Thursday evening, participants may choose to stay either four or five nights. Check-in takes place the Sunday prior to the institutes.
*This rate is only available for a limited time. Please make reservations as soon as possible.
Participants can make their reservation online:
- For Week One, June 9 — June 12, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 1
- For Week Two, June 16 — June 19, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 2
- For Week Three, June 23 — June 26, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 3
- For Week Four, July 14 — July 17, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 4
- For Week Five, July 21 — July 24, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 5
- For Week Six, July 28 — July 31, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 6
- ForWeek Seven,August 4 — August 7, go to the Doubletree Site for Week 7
Alternatively, Call 1-800-222-TREE, and ask for the “AP Summer Institutes” special group rate during the desired dates. Please remember to tell them which week you will be attending your APSI.
Helpful Travel LinksTransportation is not provided from the Doubletree or the San Jacinto Residence Halls. Please see below public transportation options.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Capital Metro Bus (Bus rides from the Austin-Bergstrom airport to UT-Austin cost $1.00. Click “Riding Capital Metro,” then “MetroBus,” then “Limited and Flyer Routes” and view the Route 100 Schedule.)
- 40 Acres Shuttle is a free shuttle on campus.
- Good hotel rates can often be found using the many travel and hotel sites on the Internet.
Check this Web site periodically for updates on travel, lodging, and parking.