AUSTIN TRAVEL AND LODGING INFORMATION
When making travel arrangements, it’s important to note that each week, the AP Summer Institutes at UT Austin run Monday - Thursday, 8AM to 4:45PM, except for AP European History, which will run Tuesday, June 9th through Friday June 12th. You may not receive a certificate of completion if you have not attended the entirety of the institute. So please plan your travel arrangements appropriately.
Participants may choose to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - University/Capitol, in a dormitory on campus or find lodging on their own as they please. Some suggestions can be found at the following link: http://www.utexas.edu/ce/tcc/attend/local-accommodations.
Hampton Inn & Suites - University/Capitol
The Hampton Inn and Suites is located at 1701 Lavaca Street, just a short 1.5 miles from the Thompson Conference Center on the UT Campus. Capital Area Metro Bus routes to campus are available. Please check the “Helpful Travel Links” below for transportation suggestions. Room blocks will be made available to APSI participants at $126* per night, $10* parking fee per day.
*This rate is only available for a limited time. Please make reservations as soon as possible.
Please click the below link, that corresponds with the week your institute is scheduled for, to make your reservation online. Please DOUBLE CHECK institute dates when booking through the reservation website to make sure arrival and departure dates are accurate. Institutes are in session MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY except for European History, which is the only institute that will run Tuesday through Friday.:
- For Week One, June 8 — June 11 and June 9 — June 12 (AP European History), Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Two, June 15 — June 18, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Three, June 22 — June 25, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Four, July 13 — July 16, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Five, July 20 — July 23, Click here to make your reservation.
- For Week Six, July 27 — July 30, Click here to make your reservation.
Alternatively, Call 1-800- HILTONS (1-800-445-8667), and ask for the “AP Summer Institutes” special group rate during the desired dates. Please remember to tell them which week you will be attending your APSI.
Please DOUBLE CHECK institute dates when booking through the reservation website to make sure arrival and departure dates are accurate. Institutes are in session MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY except for AP European History, which runs Tuesday through Friday.
Duren Residence Hall on the UT Campus
The Duren Residence Hall is located on the northwest side of campus at 2624 Whitis Ave. The residence hall offers the choice between a shared space or single room and all rooms have a private attached bath, linens, pillows and towels will be provided. Amenities include an excise room on the basement level that all guests may use during their stay and close proximity to the Littlefield Cafe and many other restaurant options on Guadalupe street.
Please note, AP European History will take place Tuesday, June 9 to Friday, June 12 and has it’s own reservation link. Please click here to make a reservation if you are attending this particular institute.
Helpful Travel LinksHere are some websites that may help you as you plan your trip to Austin!
- Trip Advisor - Austin Information
- Yelp.com - Reviews on Austin Hotels, Transportation, Restaurants & Things to Do!
- Kayak.com - For Booking Flights and Hotels
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Super Shuttle - Transportation to and From Airport and Hotels
- Yellow Cab Austin
- Capital Metro Bus (Bus rides from the Austin-Bergstrom airport to UT-Austin cost $1.00. Click “Riding Capital Metro,” then “MetroBus,” then “Limited and Flyer Routes” and view the Route 100 Schedule.)
- 40 Acres Shuttle is a free shuttle on campus.
- UT Parking and Transportation.
- Good hotel rates can often be found using the many travel and hotel sites on the Internet.
Check this Web site periodically for updates on travel, lodging, and parking.