:: 2013 AP* Summer Institutes at UT Austin
Pre-AP High School Math: Algebra I and Geometry Focus
Institute Code AP13011
This class is full and closed for registration.
Topics covered include:
- The Rule of Four
- Rigor: The Key to Success in Pre-AP
- Limits for courses prior to calculus
- Rate of Change
- Rational Functions
- Polynomial Approximations
- Distance, Velocity, Speed, and Acceleration
- Parametric Equations
- Univariate Data
- Bivariate data
- Algebra Skills Needed for Calculus
- Homework in Pre-AP
- Vertical Teams
- Assessment: Testing AP Style in Pre-AP Classes
- Data Collection (CBR2 & CBL2)
- Mathematics Internet Sites
Participants should bring:
- A favorite lesson to share. Teachers will share lessons with other workshop participants.
- A graphing calculator (if available).
- A laptop or tablet.
- Textbooks using next year.
Lead Consultant: Robert Cole
Robert Cole has presented at numerous APSIs and College Board One-Day, Two-Day and Mathematics Vertical Teams workshops. A veteran of over 30 years in the public schools, Robert has taught everything from 7th grade math to calculus, including below-level, on-level, Pre-AP, G/T and AP classes. His current assignments at Hill Country Christian School of Austin and Odyssey School in Austin include Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, Precalculus and AP Calculus AB.
* Trademark Notice: College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.