:: 2014 AP* Summer Institutes at UT Austin
AP World History for Experienced AP Teachers
This week will combine content and pedagogy geared toward successful implementation of an AP World History course. Teachers will receive instruction on teaching essay writing and document analysis with numerous strategies and lesson plans.
Teachers will receive numerous resources; please bring:
- A 16 gig flash drive or a laptop.
Lead Consultant: Christine Bond
Christine Bond currently teaches Advanced Placement (AP) United States history and AP world history at Edmond Memorial High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. She has been a College Board consultant since 2003; she has been a reader for the AP U.S. History exam and has been a reader for the AP World History exam since 2011. She completed her masters degree in 2002 and her National Board Certification in 2008.
* Trademark Notice: College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
- Curriculum requirements for AP World History
- Syllabus development
- Construction of the AP exam
- Document Analysis
- Introduce the DBQ
- Thesis Statements
- POV/Additional documents
- Read and score sample essays
- Introduce the Changes and Continuity essay
- Sugar lesson plan
- Reading strategies
- Introduce the Comparison essay
- Writing strategies