:: Tuition Assistance Details: Army
Obtaining Tuition Assistance for Army Personnel
- You can now request Tuition Assistance (TA) through the Army’s online system: www.goarmyed.com. The Army will review your request and inform you if and when your Tuition Assistance request has been approved.
- To find University Extension at The University of Texas at Austin on the GoArmyEd website, in the left-hand column, click the plus sign to expand the menu below “Earn a Degree or Credential.” Perform a keyword search on our school name, “University Extension.” Our name appears as “University of Texas at Austin-University Extension.”
- To request Tuition Assistance on the GoArmyEd website, select the “Helpdesk” tab located on the top right of your homepage. Click the link to “Create Helpdesk Case” to request tuition assistance for a UEX course. Make sure you understand all the rules, as the Army will hold you responsible for payment if you fail to follow their policies.
- When you are ready to register, you will add the course(s) from the UEX website and check out through our online shopping cart. If you do not already have a UT EID, you will be taken through the steps to get one during the registration process. On the payment page, select “Military Tuition Assistance” for the payment method and enter your military branch information.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter verifying your registration. You will need this letter to get TA approval. Please use “Verification of Registration” as the subject line of this email request.
- Upon approval, Army members will receive an “Approved Tuition Assistance” form that will come either electronically or manually signed.
- Submit your approved TA form to UEX. Please note that your registration will not be processed until our office has an approved TA form.
To Submit Your TA Form
Email, fax, or mail your approved TA form.
Fax: (512) 471-2905
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7637
Austin, Texas 78713-7637