:: Semester Courses


International Students

Since University Extension offers no degrees, enrollment in Extension classes alone will not qualify you to reside in the U.S. on a student visa. If you also attend UT Austin while on a student visa, you must obtain the signature of an advisor in the International Office on your University Extension registration form before enrolling in Extension courses. You are responsible for monitoring your visa status.

If your native language is not English, we strongly urge you to have taken the TOEFL examination to confirm proficiency with English if you register for a course. No refund is given if you are unable to manage the work because of a language problem. Please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at (512) 232-2662 if you need information about where you may prepare for or take the TOEFL examination.