:: Self-paced Courses
University Extension offers self-paced, independent study online college credit courses that can be taken any time, any place for UT Austin credit. We also offer a selection of online cohort courses that follow the semester calendar.
University Extension provides individuals with the opportunity to earn college credit, but does not grant degrees. You need not be admitted to The University of Texas at Austin to register for University Extension courses.
Our student body includes:
- University of Texas at Austin students seeking an online alternative
- college students working toward a degree at another university
- working students seeking professional and personal enrichment
- military personnel and veterans utilizing their education benefits
- high school students seeking Dual Credit opportunities
University Extension online courses:
- provide college credit from The University of Texas at Austin
- are taken directly from the UT Austin course inventory
- have the same course numbers as courses offered in the regular UT Austin academic curriculum
- are taught by instructors approved by UT Austin academic departments
- may be taken for no credit, for professional development, or for personal enrichment
Find out more about our self-paced online courses by browsing the course listing.
To view online cohort courses offered each semester, view the semester course listing.
“University Extension helped me graduate on time.”
- In Young Choi
Former UEX Student