:: Self-paced Courses


Change of Personal Information

Change of Name

University policy is to maintain educational records under your full, legal name. You may change the name on your permanent academic record by presenting a certified copy of the appropriate documentation to the Registrar at the University of Texas.

  • Correcting the spelling or the proper sequence of your name requires a copy of your birth certificate.
  • To change your name, you must present a notarized request and a copy of the signed court order showing your new legal name.
  • To assume your spouse’s name following marriage, you must present a notarized request and a copy of the marriage certificate.
  • If you wish to discontinue use of a married name and resume use of the original family name or another name, you must present a divorce decree or a signed court order showing restoration of the original or other name.

Change of Contact Information

University Extension must have your correct local and permanent addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers. Official correspondence is sent to the most recent address you provide. If you move and fail to correct the address, or if you change your email address, you are not relieved of the responsibility of collecting mail or email from us on the grounds that the correspondence was not delivered.

As a student enrolled in a Blackboard course, you can update your contact information through UT Direct.