:: Self-paced Courses
Our online courses require the following hardware and system software:
- Personal Computer (Windows or Macintosh) with:
- Sound card
- Speakers and/or headphones
- Internet connection
Canvas supports the last two versions of every browser release. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of whatever browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in.
As of May 3, 2014, Canvas supports the following desktop browsers and Flash versions:
- Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 (note: IE 9 will no longer be supported as of May 24, 2014)
- Chrome 33 and 34
- Safari 6 and 7
- Firefox 28 and 29 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 10, 11, and 12 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. If you have upgraded your browser but you are still seeing the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies. Click here for help with clearing your cache.
If you are using an unsupported browser, you can update your browser, or you can dismiss the warning banner during the duration of your browser session. For instance, testing centers can dismiss the banner and it won’t appear until the next browser session.
You will need to have the following plug-ins installed in your computer:
Our courses are best viewed with a color monitor set at a minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels.
Screen resolution settings can be adjusted in the display options for Windows users and in the control panel for the Macintosh.
If you are having problems adjusting your settings, consult your operating system manual.