:: Self-paced Courses


Grading Options

When you enroll in a University Extension self-paced online course, you are allowed to choose your grading option to take the course either for a letter grade or pass/fail. Most courses required for a degree must be taken for a letter grade, so before you choose the pass/fail option, check with your academic advisor if you are concerned about earning credit. You may change your grading option one time during your enrollment by submitting a request in writing before you have completed 50 percent of your assignments.

Examine your enrollment receipt carefully to make certain you have indicated the correct grading option. Once the final course grade has been reported to the Office of the Registrar, it cannot be changed. If you do not attend The University of Texas at Austin, your college or university has the option of accepting your grade toward your degree requirements.