:: UT Austin Flexible Pre-med Course Options
University Extension (UEX) offers UT credit courses on the UT Austin campus in the evenings and online. UEX courses will transfer to almost any college or university, and the credit earned appears on a UT Austin transcript. UT admission is not required.
Current Pre-med Course Options
UEX semester courses follow UT Austin’s academic calendar, beginning three times a year in mid-January, early June and late August/early September. Classroom courses meet after 5 p.m. on the main UT Austin campus. UEX self-paced online courses can be started at any time and taken from anywhere.
Students preparing to apply to a medical school in Texas can fulfill some prerequisite course requirements with the course options listed below.
Before enrolling in a course to satisfy a prerequisite, we encourage students to check with the school where they plan to use the course, as degree programs and requirements vary greatly within and across institutions.
Spring 2015 courses begin the week of January 26.
- BCH 369 - Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- BIO 311D - Introductory Biology II
- BIO 325 - Genetics
- CH 320N - Organic Chemistry II
- M 316 - Elementary Statistical Methods
- RHE 306 - Rhetoric and Writing
Browse our complete Semester Course List to see additional courses.
Self-paced Online Courses
- E 316K - Masterworks of Literature: British
- PHY 302L - General Physics: Technical Course-Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- PSY 301 - Introduction to Psychology*
- SOC 302 - Introduction to the Study of Society*
Search the complete list of Self-paced Online Courses to find other course options.
* These courses are not required prerequisites for medical school, but they are recommended by the UT Health Professions Advising office.
Advising is available year round for anyone interested in taking advantage of UEX course options. UEX encourages you to consult with our advisor, Dr. Mike Raney.