:: Explore History with a Self-paced Online Course
Posted: February 18, 2013
Explore History with a Self-paced Online Course
University Extension (UEX) offers open enrollment to several self-paced online history courses from The University of Texas at Austin course inventory.
Fascinated by the rise of the English Empire? Interested in learning more about the roles that women played in U.S. history?
With courses covering a range of eras and topics, UEX’s self-paced online history courses are perfect for college students who need to fulfill some core curriculum requirements or history buffs who want to explore a historical period or theme.
Self-paced Online History Course Options
- HIS 304K: English Civilization Before 1603
- HIS 304L: English Civilization Since 1603
- HIS 315K: The United States, 1492-1865
- HIS 315L: The United States Since 1865
- HIS 317L: Native Americans and the U.S.
- HIS 317L: Women in United States History
- HIS 333M: United States Foreign Relations, 1914 to the Present
- HIS 346K: Colonial Latin America
- HIS 365G: Texas and Its History
The academic advisors in the Department of History in the university’s College of Liberal Arts recommend UEX courses to their students for a variety of reasons.
Watch the video to learn more.
As with all of UEX’s self-paced online courses, these courses allow up to five months to complete your coursework, with the option to purchase a course extension, if you need more time.
UEX courses will appear on a UT Austin transcript and are transferable. Admission to the university is not required.