:: Summer Persian Institute Accepting Applications
Posted: March 7, 2013
Summer Persian Institute Accepting Applications Through April 15
The Department of Middle Eastern Studies at The University of Texas at Austin offers one of the finest middle eastern language programs in the nation. The Persian Summer Institute (PSI) is an intensive Persian language program for all levels, which attracts students from all over the world. It offers the closest thing to language immersion study in Iran, without actually studying in Iran.
The program is open to students enrolled at either the University or at another college, and applications must be submitted by Monday, April 15, 2013.
University Extension (UEX) will assist those accepted into the 2013 summer PSI program to officially register for courses. Courses taken as part of the program are transferable and will appear on an official university transcript.
- Program is conducted on the main campus of The University of Texas at Austin.
- The ten week program runs from June 3 - August 9, 2013.
- The program includes over 150 contact hours, consisting of three to four contact hours per day.
- Program activities include group discussions, one-on-one discussion meetings, oral presentations, media activities, student presentations, and a writing lab.
- The program qualifies for the Summer FLAS fellowship, which requires 140 contact hours (120 for the Advanced level).
Learn more about the Persian Summer Institute and find application materials on the department’s website.