:: Planning for the End of the Semester
|These students used UEX|
courses to kick-start their
futures. Click on their
faces to learn their stories.
Posted: November 16, 2012
Planning for the End of the Semester
With the end of the year fast approaching, many students will be completing the final assignments for their self-paced online courses and preparing to take the final exam. For students enrolled in a course that will expire soon, this can be an especially busy time.
Below are some reminders and important dates to keep in mind as we wrap up 2012.
Tips for Success
- Be aware of important upcoming dates. All UT offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday and Winter Break. These dates are listed in the table below.
- Plan for instructor grading and vacation time. When considering whether you can complete your course requirements in time, remember that instructors have three business days to grade assignments and five business days to grade exams. It is also important to keep in mind that instructors may grade your coursework during the break, but they are not obligated to do so, as they are on break.
- Don’t wait to purchase an extension. If you determine that you cannot complete the course before the expiration date, you may request a course extension.
- Call ahead to confirm testing center hours. If you’re planning to take your exam at an alternate testing site, be sure to call and confirm their schedule and hours around the holidays.
- Are you taking a foreign language exam at the K-16 Education Testing Center? Remember that if you need to schedule the private room (PC and recording device) in the K-16 Education Testing Center, it is only available by appointment.
Registration Remains Open Over Holidays
Registration will remain open during office closures and will be reviewed and processed upon the return of office staff.
Important Upcoming Dates
| M - F
9 a.m.-4:50 p.m.
|Regular weekly hours for K-16 Education Testing Center|
|TH 11/22 – F 11/23||Thanksgiving Holiday
(University and UEX office closed)
| S 12/08
8 a.m.-1:50 p.m.
|K-16 Education Testing Center
Open for Saturday Testing
|W 12/19||K-16 Education Testing Center
Last Day of Testing in 2012
|M 12/24–T 1/01||UEX Winter Break (UT and UEX closed)|